Tuesday, June 4, 2013

REPOST: Saving Face: Six Fashion Week Models Share Their Skin-Care Survival Secrets

This Vogue.com article reveals some of the skin care secrets from six of your favorite super models.


Clockwise from top left: Karlie Kloss; Lindsey Wixson; Liu Wen; Cara Delevingne
Image Source: vogue.com


They may spend their days playing dress up in the industry’s most beautiful clothes, but models endure wear and tear on their skin during Fashion Week that is anything but glamorous. In the makeup chair, they’re dabbed, dipped, and smeared with product, only to be stripped clean and done all over again at the next show. “You might have makeup put on and taken off seven times a day,” says Karlie Kloss, perched backstage at Carolina Herrera. Like many of her peers, she has developed a survival strategy that revolves largely around cleansing, calming, and hydrating her sensitive skin. Here, six of our favorite backstage faces share their guide to complexion perfection—along with a few of the all-around beauty products they won’t leave home without.

CARA DELEVINGNE:

What’s your skin-care survival strategy?

“I’ve been using a lot of natural products. There’s a really amazing shop called Live Live & Organic on East Tenth Street that sells all-natural products. They have this stuff called Bee Yummy Skin Food cream, which just has honey, bee pollen, water, and St. John’s Wort oil. It’s very natural, which is what I need for my skin.”

What’s in your bag?

Anastasia eyebrow gel and a Tangle Teezer hairbrush

JOURDAN DUNN:

What’s your skin-care survival strategy?

“I like to use Sisley’s Radiant Glow Express Mask. I also like to use their radiance serum, which you can put on top of your makeup or under your makeup and it just instantly gives you a glow.”

What’s in your bag?

Hair brush, Johnson’s facial wipes, and Vaseline to use as lip balm

KARLIE KLOSS:

What’s your skin-care survival strategy?

“I have a Clarisonic brush that I use every night to clear out my pores. And I always have dry skin, so moisturizer is really important. I use a drop of Caudalie oil and mix it with my face cream.”

What’s in your bag?

Smith’s Rosebud salve and a packet of hot chocolate

LIU WEN:

What’s your skin-care survival strategy?

“During Fashion Week, you’re using a lot of makeup and it makes your skin really dry. Normally I do a face mask once a week, but during Fashion Week, if I have time, I do one every day. I have some Korean face masks, and sometimes I make them myself, using egg whites and water.”

What’s in your bag?

Estée Lauder lip balm and hand cream

COCO ROCHA:

What’s your skin-care survival strategy?

“The best thing is just to make sure to take off all that makeup at night, and cleanse, and in the morning do the exact same thing. I always try to let my face breathe as much as I can. If I’m hanging out at home, then there’s no need to put on makeup just for the sake of it.”

What’s in your bag?

Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Concealer

LINDSEY WIXSON:

What’s your skin-care survival strategy?

“I drink lots of water and use Himalayan bath salts to relax.”

What’s in your bag?

Tropical Traditions coconut oil and Weleda Skin Food moisturizer.

Lift and Glow Pro products help protect the skin from aging. Visit this Facebook page for more information on how to take good care of the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment