The summer weather can entice anyone to go out of their house and enjoy the outdoors. But with this come the harsh effects of sun exposure. From dry skin to skin discoloration and sunburn, the effects of the sun on the skin can range from mild to alarming conditions --- therefore, extra care should be given to the skin when a person spends time under the sun.
|Image Source: edensoapandcandle.wordpress.com|
NBC News shares the ten commandments for keeping the skin healthy and looking great this summer:
1. Using skin protection. Basking in the summer sun without sunscreen or protective clothing is like going out in a battlefield without arms.
2. Honoring the changes of the seasons. Knowing what products to apply on the skin in certain seasons is crucial in achieving maximum protection.
|Image Source: blog.mariobadescu.com|
3. Buffing the skin. Buffing and exfoliating the skin remove dead skin cells and speed skin regeneration.
4. Engaging in morning and evening anti-aging rituals. Regular skin care routine—one in the morning and another one at night—enhances the skin’s natural beauty.
5. Moisturizing. Moisturizing and hydrating the skin are a must, no matter what time of year it is.
|Image Source: newbeauty.com|
6. Getting enough sleep. Sleep deprivation has some ill effects on the skin. It releases the stress hormone called cortisol and leaves the skin dry and acne-prone.
7. Not pricking or popping pimples and zits. Popping zits will only spread the bacteria to other areas of the skin, and the skin can develop skin trauma.
8. Loving the whole body. Skin in other parts of the body should also be taken care of. A person should focus not only on the skin on the face, but also on the skin in the lower areas of the body.
|Image Source: besskincare.com|
9. Exercising. Getting pumped up increases blood circulation and regulates stress hormones, giving the person a beautiful glow.
10. Eating fish, fruits, and vegetables. Eating food rich in phytochemicals and antioxidants keeps the skin smooth and looking young.
|Image Source: webmd.boots.com|
The summer months require added skin protection. Taking good care of the skin can offer a lifetime of health benefits.
This Lift and Glow Pro Facebook page provides more information on how to protect your skin from harsh elements.